Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience:  Internal medicine specialist
6554558

Hello, I would like to know if it might be related to a cyst

Hello, I would like to know if it might be related to a cyst if I bleed during sexual intercourse? While having sexual intercourse I sometimes bleed for a few minutes and then it just stops. I've had ovarian cyst before (5 years ago) and was operated.
Thanks for answering
Hello
Welcome to the Just Answer Website.I need the following information from you, so that I can provide you the best answer:

From how long you have these symptoms?
Is there pain during sex?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I've had these symptoms for 3 or 4 years now but since nearly 2 years it's more often. Yes, sometimes I have pain during sex. It's really uncomfortable

Thanks for the info given.

Bleeding after sex can be due to number of causes like cervical dysplasia(precancerous changes),infections like chlamydia,gonorrhea,trichomoniasis,vaginal yeast infection.Other causes are:vaginitis or cervicitis,cervical polyps,uterine polyps,endometritis. There is great possibility that this can be due to relapse of your cyst.

Too little foreplay and not enough time are often the reasons why women lack lubrication & this can also lead on to bleeding after sex.Hormonal imbalance is another common cause.So lubrication is must.

Post-coital bleeding or vaginal bleeding after sex should not be ignored & definitely be checked by your doctor.A pelvic exam is critical to rule out any uterine abnormality, a cervical polyp or fibroid, or a uterine infection.Also you need an ultrasound to evaluate the uterus and the ovaries.

So I advice you to consult your gynecologist for the clinical examination to find out the root cause of bleeding after sex & then take the treatment.

Please feel free to ask if you have any other question.

Regards-

Dr.Charles

Please click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can be paid for assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are always greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
After how long does someone get the first symptoms of cancer? What are the risks for me of having one?

Thanks for accepting the answer. I can understand your concern but it is too early to say anything about condition like cancer. I advice you to please be cool & go consult your gynecologist for these tests to confirm the underlying cause & take treatment accordingly.

Regards-
Dr.Charles