Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  U.S. Physician/Surgeon in Neurosurgery

I am 71 years old an d weigh 260pds and 511 tall . I am

I am 71 years old an d weigh 260pds and 5'11'' tall . I am in good health and work with trainer regularly. I have recently had these findings; There is mild cardiomegaly with enlargement of the left ventricle. There is tortuosity in the descending thoracic aorta. Linear densities are seen in both lungs bases suggesting areas of scarring. No obvious discrete pulmonary nodules, focal airspace disease or pleural effusion is seen.Mild degenerative changes are present in the thoracic spine. There is mild pectus excavatum. I use a C-pack sleep machine and tke medication for hypertension and first signs of arterial plaque deposit all controlled with medications with good results. This most recent ECG sited Sinus bradycardia with first degree A-V block .Otherwise normal ECG. This recent ECG precipated by anticapated knee replacement. Any excessive need to worry or get fitted for my casket? Thank you
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 5 years ago.
Well, with the heart -- it only suggests that you have had some high blood pressure in the past, as the high blood pressure causes the heart to get larger, and the aorta to become more "curvy" (tortuous).

Otherwise your relatively normal ECG and minimal findings elsewhere suggest that you seem to be otherwise healthy.

No need to get fitted for your casket.

Of course, you had to pass the medical exam for anesthesia prior to your knee replacement, so if they truly had seen anything worrisome in your labs or your heart studies -- they would have made you check it out before surgery.