Dr. Jerry E
Dr. Jerry E, Doctor (MD/DO)
Experience:  1 yr experience family medicine (adult and children), emergency medicine for five years

I believe my lips are sensitive because they have been red

I believe my lips are sensitive because they have been red for a while and it won't go away. What can I do to solve my problem?

Hello, this is Dr. E. Greetings from New York! I'm so glad you posted your question for me to answer, and I aim to provide you with accurate info.

You need to use thick petroleum jelly on your lips four times a day to rehydrate them - the other creams can just irritate them more! Also make sure you're avoiding very hot (temperature) or spicy foods

Dr. E

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What if I tired that and it didn't work? What should I do then??

Then I would recommend you use an anesthetic cream until they heal on their own - one like viractin or oragel. Use up to four times a day.

Dr. E

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank You. I'm just going to try the thick petroleum jelly again and see what happens from there. I don't really feel pain on the area but it's more of a dry feel so the petroleum jelly might be better. Once again thank you for your time.