Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience
9324755

Hi All, I have an occasional minty taste in my mouth when I

Hi All, I have an occasional minty taste in my mouth when I am eating and when I wake up. Any ideas? Thank you.
Greetings,

Is there any other symptom? Was any test done? Are you on any medication? Is there any significant past illness?

Regards.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi

No tests, but I have occasional bloating. No <edication, only paracetamol for headaches

Thanks

Thank you for the input.

The mint or distorted taste can be due to different factors.The common causes are sinus , nose, tooth infection, flu, common cold, strep throat, dry mouth, heart burn, reflux etc. Dryness of mouth, smoking, vitamin B12 or zinc deficiency, salivary gland infection, Sjogren, nerve diseases like Bell's palsy, smoking,effect of medicines can also be factors. As you are not taking any medicine or have any recent illness, it may be related to reflux when you are having occasional bloating. You can try antacid or acid reducing medicines like ranitidine. If the symptom persists, I would advise to get an examination by doctor. Doctor can then ask for tests, if he thinks necessary.

Any query, please feel free to ask.
It will be my privilege to assist you.
Regard