Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience:  Internal medicine specialist
6554558

I am vomiting and have diarrhea with pain in my stomach and

I am vomiting and have diarrhea with pain in my stomach and abdomen. It feels like my intestines are twitching. Could this be a stomach flu or something more serious? It has been going on for about 51/2 hours.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Charles replied 6 years ago.
Hello
Welcome to the Just Answer Website.I need the following information from you, so that I can provide you the best answer:
Is the pain continuous in abdomen?
How many episodes of vomiting?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

The pain is continuous

I have vomited 6 to 8 times. Even the water was causing me to vomit so I am sucking on ice chips

Thanks for the info given.

Yes, the symptoms you are having is due to a condition called gastroenteritis what you call as stomach flu.Gastroenteritis is the irritation and inflammation of the digestive tract.Its most common causes are:Food poisoning, viral infections, food allergies, improper diet, and intestinal parasites or bacterial infections.This may last from several hours to several days and a prescription medication may be required.

So I advice you to consult your doctor who after examination will prescribe you medication to cure this.Till then take tab meclizine hydrochloride ( brand name: Dramamine).This will help you greatly in stopping the vomiting.It is available as OTC without prescription.

Please feel free to ask if you have any other question.

Regards-
Dr.David.
Please click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can be paid for assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are always greatly appreciated.