Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience:  Internal medicine specialist

I am vomiting and have diarrhea with pain in my stomach and

I am vomiting and have diarrhea with pain in my stomach and abdomen. It feels like my intestines are twitching. Could this be a stomach flu or something more serious? It has been going on for about 51/2 hours.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Charles replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to the Just Answer Website.I need the following information from you, so that I can provide you the best answer:
Is the pain continuous in abdomen?
How many episodes of vomiting?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The pain is continuous

I have vomited 6 to 8 times. Even the water was causing me to vomit so I am sucking on ice chips

Thanks for the info given.

Yes, the symptoms you are having is due to a condition called gastroenteritis what you call as stomach flu.Gastroenteritis is the irritation and inflammation of the digestive tract.Its most common causes are:Food poisoning, viral infections, food allergies, improper diet, and intestinal parasites or bacterial infections.This may last from several hours to several days and a prescription medication may be required.

So I advice you to consult your doctor who after examination will prescribe you medication to cure this.Till then take tab meclizine hydrochloride ( brand name: Dramamine).This will help you greatly in stopping the vomiting.It is available as OTC without prescription.

Please feel free to ask if you have any other question.

Please click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can be paid for assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are always greatly appreciated.