Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,DTM&H( Univ of Liverpool),34yrs experience in practice

I have a horrible skin condition. I keep getting boils. Rash

I have a horrible skin condition. I keep getting boils. Rash is spreading, and itches so bad. Hot  scalding water feels so good on the rash area. I'm worried Please help . I went to Dr. and they just gave me cortisone shot and antibiotics but it just comes back.  The boils I keep getting are bad enough, then all of the sudden I start itching horribly, Huge welts appear.  My hands are cracked and never heal.  My lips  split and they swell and itch too.  This is horrible.
Category: Health
Expert:  Vakul Aren replied 5 years ago.
Dear customer,
Welcome to just answer.Recurrent boils may occur due to Atopic Dermatitis/Eczema,skin diseases like pemphigoid,pemphigus,,Hidranitis suppurativa,also recurrent bacterial infections like staphylococcal infections,some cases of lowered immunity may also be associated with such problems.The rash,split lips,cracked hands are suggestive of atopic dermatitis ,drug reaction and allergic manifestations.Have you been examined and investigated by a dermatologist for the cause of the problem?What tests have been done and has diabetesand other autoimune diseases been looked for and eliminated?