Dr. Nomi
Dr. Nomi, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Medical Doctor,UK

I have involuntary movement in my right leg, tingling and numbness

Customer Question

I have involuntary movement in my right leg, tingling and numbness in right hand, difficulty moving my arm when using the mouse on my computer and I am currently talking Stalevo, Azilect and Mirapex (the generic version), My neurologist diagnosed me with parkinsons, could it be something else or what else can I do to control symptoms?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Nomi replied 5 years ago.
Considering your symptoms we can suspect that you are having Multiple sclerosis (neuronal sheath degenerating disease).Because the presentation of the MS resemble to that of Parkinson some times.But the diagnosis of both disorders is on the basis of clinical examination.The medicines you are taking are sufficient for now .If the condition improves then we will say his diagnosis was right .If no improvement is observed then we should think of any other possibilities.
Best Regards,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
If it is MS, what can be done to help me?
Expert:  Dr. Nomi replied 5 years ago.
You can discuss this with your Physician.Problem towards such diseases is that you have got no proper cure of them and treatments available are just symptomatic.Whether it is MS or Parkinson drugs can improve the quality of life but cannot cure them completely.For now we just can wait and see the progress of disease and impact of drugs on it.Let us be hopeful that current medication will help to alleviate the symptoms.
Please feel free to ask any more questions.