Pauline
Pauline, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Medical Doctor & Registered Pharmacist. Worked as Community pharmacist for 17 years.
659881

I AM 5 MONTHS PREGNANT. I CHEATED ON MY BOYFRIEND BUT I FEEL

Customer Question

I AM 5 MONTHS PREGNANT. I CHEATED ON MY BOYFRIEND BUT I FEEL SURE THE BABY IS HIS. I REMEMBERED THE DAY I CHEATED ON HIM IT WAS JULY 30 2010. HE USED THE WITHDRAWAL METHOD. MY PERIOD COMES ON EVERY MONTH THE SAME TIME. WELL THE NEXT WEEK IT CAME ON AND IT WAS REGULAR. MY CYCLE ONLY LAST 3 TO 4DAYS EVERY MONTH. THE NEXT MONTH CAME AND IT LAST 2 AND A HALF DAYS BUT WAS VERY LIGHT. MY CONCERN IS COULD IT BE POSSIBLE THAT THE BABY IS NOT MY BOYFRIEND. WE HAVE BEEN TRYING TO HAVE ONE FOR AWHILE SINCE I ABORTED THE FIRST ONE. MY DUE DATE IS JUNE 8, 2011. MY LAST CYCLE STARTED ON THE 1ST OF SEPTEMBER LAST YR. I KIND OF HAVE DOUBTS BUT THE IDEA THAT IT COULD BE THE OTHER GUY STAYS IN MY HEAD. AND ALSO AROUND THE MONTH OF AUGUST AND SEPTEMBER I WAS DOING ALOT OF DRINKING BC I WENT TO ALOT OF PARTIES AROUND THAT TIME. DO YOU THINK THAT WILL AFFECT THE BABY. I FIGURED I WAS PREG WHEN MY FRIEND HAD A GOING AWAY PARTY AND I GOT SICK AND FELT LIKE I WAS BOUT TO PASS OUT. THIS WAS ON THE 26 OF SEPTEMBER. THE NEXT WK I TOOK A HOME TEST AND IT CONFIRMED I WAS PREGNANT.
Category: Health
Expert:  Pauline replied 3 years ago.

Did you have a scan at week 12?

Have you had a 20 week scan?

Expert:  Pauline replied 3 years ago.

Having a normal period after intercourse is very suggestive that the pregnancy did not occur due to the time that you cheated on your boyfriend. If your due date is 8th June and was confirmed by scan then this means that you conceived in the middle of September therefore that would be your boyfriends baby.

However to be absolutely sure then you would have to do a DNA test.