911Doctor
911Doctor, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified Emergency Physician
19155615

I have a red mark above my left eyebrow.

I have a red mark above my left eyebrow. About 3 weeks ago I had my hair cut and colored and my eyebrows to match. Then afterwards, I got a red mark above my left eyebrow and it's a little swollen. The dermatologist said it was a sun spot. How can I get rid of it ?
Category: Health
Expert:  911Doctor replied 5 years ago.

911Doctor :

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer,

911Doctor :

Wow, you are one of the few folks I know who can still find a dermatologist in a timely fashion. Did you ask your question of the dermatologist?

911Doctor :

If it is truly a sun spot those can be lightened or removed with various creams or even a laser treatment in a similar fashion to the way tattoos are removed.

911Doctor :

If you had your hair lightened then this spot may simply be more easily visible now than before with darker hair.

911Doctor :

If you want definitive removal I would go back to the dermatologist and ask for it to be removed. If you want to try some skin lightening products I would also ask the dermatologist what he/she recommends as there are no shortage of them out there and since most are over the counter I have no idea which ones are likely to work well for you.

911Doctor :

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

911Doctor :

Best.