Dr. Nomi
Dr. Nomi, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Medical Doctor,UK
19472044

My daughter is 16 years old and a straight A student. Over

My daughter is 16 years old and a straight A student. Over the past several months she has been having symptoms such as extreme daytime tiredness, frequent dizziness, headaches, intolerance to heat (or feeling too warm), anxiety, sweaty hands, nausea, and occasional rapid heartbeat. She is always saying she 'doesn't feel well'. She's also exhibited a decrease in socializing with her friends out of fear she will feel sick while away from home. She's had a routine check-up and blood test, an EEG and an MRI of her brain as well as an examination by an ENT specialist. All results are normal. Her blood pressure is good. Can you recommend who it would be best for her to see next to try to get to the bottom of her medical issues? I am considering a psychiatrist. Thank you.
Has she underwent a check up of her thyroid hormones?
Has she lost weight meanwhile?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
She has lost a lot of weight. She has not seen an endocrinologist yet but I am wondering if that should be my next option.
Considering her all symptoms I believe she is having 'Hyperthyroidism'(increase in thyroid hormones).She must see an Endocrinologist and go for check of her hormones.There are so many reasons behind having high thyroid hormone levels.However,there is treatment present for this.Please read in detail about the ailment :
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001396

My best wishes for the girl.
Regards,
Dr.Naeem.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you.