A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist

32F) as a season I felt sore throat next morning, Its difficult

Hi Doc,

I went to workout in gym and after work out i had to walk 1 mile to parking (at 32F) as a season I felt sore throat next morning, It's difficult to sallow foods and feel lazy at work. Other than that i don't have any issues. what to do. Please advice.

Hello, Paul,

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. There really isn't a lot to do other than gargle warm salt water and get plenty of rest and fluids. Some people find hot tea with lemon and honey soothing on a sore throat. If the pain is bad, acetaminophen (Tylenol) can help. Sore throats are almost always caused by viral infections that the body's own immune system will clear in time.