A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

Like I told you before that my husband was diagnosed with small

Like I told you before that my husband was diagnosed with small cell lung and brain cancer in July,2010.He underwent whole brain radiation fron 7/20 - 8./6/2010. He then received chemotherapy cisplatin and etoposide,8/18/, 8/19/ 8/20, 2010.
He also received more on 9/8.9/9 and 9/1. Also twice in October,2010. The last chemotherapy treatment showed his body was not respnding to the Chemotherapy. Since then he had C-Diff twice from November,2010 and December,2010. This condition is not curable and supposedly his life is very limited. When he wentt te hospital in December,2010 they said it was in his lymph nodes and now he also has throat cacer. Wel, they also gave hin a feeding tbe, so he is now getting nourishment but they have not said what the life expectancy is. What is your opinion?
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. His condition is dire with metastasized cancer that has not responded to radiation and chemotherapy. While we don't know how long he has left (only the doctors treating him would be able to venture a time-frame), it should not be more than a few weeks to months at most. You should ask his providers who have every bit of his medical information. They are really the only ones who know exactly how bad the situation is.