Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

everything seem fake like things arent really happening

can a psychological problem make everything seem fake like things arent really happening
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 5 years ago.

Hello!

Yes , you are describing a sense of detachment. This might occur in a psychologically traumatizing event.

Further description of your situation and symptoms may be helpful.

Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
how do you fix it

Hello again,

I would recommend that you consult a psychiatrist to go more in depth into your symptom history. Once the cause has been more clearly established. In certain circumstances it may resolve on its own but other conditions might benefit from medication.

I hope this helps. Further questions are welcome if you have others. Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i am on meds and they are not helping the doctor will not switch me

Hello again,

Please tell me your diagnosis and the meds that you have been on. This may help me to be in a position to hopefully help you with some suggestions.

Best Regards XXXXX XXXXX

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i was diagnosed with hypomania which i feel is wrong i am on geodon which i hate

Hello again,

Hypomania? I don't hear many complaints with that one. This can be a functional state at times. You might ask your psychiatrist to try a different mood stabilizer and see if you get better results.

Have you had any history of Bipolar with frank manic episodes? This would be a more obvious need for treatment. Depakote, Abilify, and Lithobid are some other possible options. These may be worth consideration.

You could also seek a second opinion from another psychiatrist if you feel that your diagnosis and treatment is not right on. I would encourage you not to just take matters into your own hands as this can be a formula for disaster (I've seen this too many times)

I hope this helps. Further questions and discussion are welcome if you have other. Best regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i cant find any doctors that accept my insurance i just want this to be over i wish i was hypomanic it would be a relief compared to this people seem fake things dont seem like they are happening i cant take it

Hello again,

You may need to broaden the area of your search to find a doctor whom accepts your insurance. Some primary care doctors will handle psychiatric problems and this may be an avenue for you. I think it would be better of course for a psychiatrist to evaluate you however.

From what you have said I think that you may really benefit from a trial of a different medication.

I hope this helps. Further questions and discussion remain welcome. Best regards,

Anthony Bray MD