Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Experience:  Years of experience in patients' management.
12501846

I have been experiencing difficulty in focusing and light headedness.

Customer Question

I have been experiencing difficulty in focusing and light headedness. The incidence have been occuring on a more regular bases. The event last for maybe 5 minutes and then I feel like I have pressure behind the eyes.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 5 years ago.

Dr. Shah :

Hello, Welcome to Just answer! I would like to get more information so that I can address your concern appropriately.

JACUSTOMER-gkgeu08q- :

Dr Shah:

JACUSTOMER-gkgeu08q- :

The focusing and light headness usually occurs when I look to the right or left and then return to looking ahead. It seems to happen more in the mornings then afternoon.

Dr. Shah :

Do you have any medical illness?

JACUSTOMER-gkgeu08q- :

Today I was driving and looked to the right at some traffic. When I returned to looking ahead while driving I had trouble focusing and became light headed. The focusing issue usually last for maybe one minute to five minutes in duration. Today I had to pull over because I was concerned about the inability to focus the traffic and surroundings. It became severe enough for me to stop on the side of the road and rest my head in my hands until my ability to focus returned. As ususal when I can again focus my eyes I will have light headedness for awhile and lately a pressure sensation behind my eyes for sometimes as long as 1 - 2 hours. The only medical issue that I have is elevated cholestrol and have been taking 10mg of Crestor daily.

Dr. Shah :

difficulty in focusing.... does it mean difficulty in focusing your eyes,,, something like blurring of vision? Do you have headache, neck stiffness, nausea, fever?

JACUSTOMER-gkgeu08q- :

The focusing is my vision (eyes), very blurry with the sensation of light headness. I have no other issues like headache, neck stiffness, fever. I do feel a slight nausea with the light headness.

Dr. Shah :

Blurring of vision, pressure behind your eyes and lightheartedness could be related to your eye problem or brain pathology. Looking at your age, I would not hesitate to visit your primary care doctor for proper evaluation and investigation. They will be able to look inside your eyes and tell if there is any obvious reason for your current symptoms. Since it is getting worse, I suggest appropriate evaluation ASAP.

JACUSTOMER-gkgeu08q- :

The light headness sensation feels as if I have been twiriling around in a circle and have lost the ability to balance if standing.

Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 5 years ago.
Loss of balance is also not a good sign. All your symptoms are correlated and needs medical attention. In the mean time avoid driving for your safety.