Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
14307416

body..my right arm..right inner pectoral muscle, the ribs at the base

I am a healthy 31 yr old male. I have been noticing several areas on my body where it feels like someone poked me hard yet there is no bruise. It hurts to touch these areas but otherwise they, for the most part, unnoticeable (except the pain under my right arm) The areas range from the right inner pectoral muscle, the ribs at the base of each arm pit, and I most recently noticed an area where my right deltoid meets with my bicep. I notice no swelling in these areas nor do I have any other symptoms (i.e., no fever). What can be causing this and is this something I should talk to my GP about ASAP?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 3 years ago.

Dr B :

Hello, welcome to Justanswer, I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek

Customer :

Hello.

Dr B :

What you are experiencing may be a result of electrolyte imbalance in your system

Customer :

I know that I was pretty dehydrated last week. I have been trying to increase fluids but haven't focused on Gatorade or anything like that.

Customer :

My biggest concern was that this would be lymph node related but I have no swelling in any of the areas.

Dr B :

Gatorade may help, but if it lasts for another week, I would recommend you have your electrolytes checked. I don't think it has anything to do with lymph nodes

Customer :

Ok. I was at my family doc this past week for a physical, vaccinations, and some foot pain but I have been excessively stressed at work and it has led to some weight loss and minimal fluid intake. He did bloodwork and urinalysis and everything came back ok except he described the urinalysis as looking 'dried out' maybe this fits with what you are suggesting?

Dr B :

This shows that you need to drink more fluids, and try to make sure they have enough sugar and other nutrients in it, not just water

Customer :

Wow I guess I never realized that electrolytes could lead to physical pain.

Dr B :

They can

Customer :

would that have shown up on a CBC or is that something that is specific?

Dr B :

No, it will show up on a complete metabolic profile, not a CBC

Customer :

ok well this has been extremely helpful. I greatly appreciate your time. Thanks.

Dr B :

You're welcome
Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns about this topic

If not, please click ACCEPT to end this chat session

Customer :

no that should do it. Thank you.

Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience: U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience