A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

dry mouth..Prostate Cancer and had the prostate removed in 1992

I have been experiencing a dry mouth but do drink a good amount of water. Ihave had Prostate Cancer and had the prostate removed in 1992. I had a cuff and pump installed shortly after due to non control of my water. It was doing great until 2005 and my PSA level increased a bit, so the doctor recommended 38 targeted radiation treatments, and since that treatment, my cuff wore through my ureatha, and the pump had to be removed. I had cancer of the bladder and this was treated and successful. What my Urology Dr\ said was in the treatment of the radiation, small blood vessels and tissue were destroyed, that a cuff could not be employed, and I am using condoms and pads to control my water. I tell you this to have you kowing of my health issues Medications are as follows. Tiazac 180mg 1 per dayMeloxicam 7.5 MG 1 a day,Simvastatin, 20 MG 1 a day, Lisinopril 10 MG, 1 a day
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. Dry mouth has been reported as side effects of both Tiazac and lisinopril. It is also possible you have developed another problem like Sjogren's syndrome, anemia, diabetes or nerve damage. Your medical provide would need to check to see if that is the case. In addition to more water, you may need artificial saliva (available over the counter at the pharmacy).