Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.
10798432

hello , i have been takeing oxycodone 10 mg for a while now

hello , i have been takeing oxycodone 10 mg for a while now , i have hade surgey on my neck , i take three 10 mg daily ,my doctor has druged tested me twice and nothing shows up in the test , i know my doctor is thinking the worst , pleas help me . scott
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 5 years ago.
Oxycodone is not tested in the standard 5 panel drug test which includes PCP, marijuana, cocaine, methamphetamines/amphetamines and opiates (morphine, heroin and codeine). However employers or health care providers can specifically request to include oxycodone in the drug test if needed. So check with your doctor what specifically he is testing you for.
Regards.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

i am sure my doctor know what to order when he is drug testing me for oxycodne , i take one pill at 7 am in the morning and get tested at about 11am both TIMES and nothing show up , pleas tell me why it is not showing up , i look real bad to my doctor . PLEASE HELP , scott

Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 5 years ago.
If your doctor is testing specifically for Oxycodone and you are taking it as prescribed, there is no reason why the drug would not show up on the tests, except for occasional false negative test which is rare. It is possible that you doctor is testing you to make sure you are not abusing any other drug.