Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

I think Ive hit rock bottom,I cant visit my own doctor as his now me

Hi wonder if anyone could help me as I think Ive hit rock bottom,I can't visit my own doctor as his now me since I was born and I get embarrassed talking to him and the other doctors in surgery also know me and my family! I just feel the last year has taken it's toll on me I not interested in anything got no energy to do anything I love my job and I feel like I failing in it me and my boyfriend have been together 8 years and we not had sex for over a year and I feel like I loosing everything around me I not happy with my weight which I'm working on just feel down I keep crying I put on a front but I breaking down inside then at Christmas I found out my dad has prostate cancer and it's made my mood worse just wondered if there was any remedies I could try to boost my mood and libido before I loose everything

Greetings.

Are your periods normal?

Did anything specific happened last year which you feel responsible for the problems?

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Periods normal,as I had pill reviewed Christmas nothing happened really this year just me not myself everything just seems a extra effort to do things

The approach for your lack of sexual interest or low libido would be to identify the causes among these;

1) Hypoactive sexual disorder

2) Sexual aversion disorder

3) Female sexual arousal disorder

Women often present with the complaint of loss of desire but with little awareness of how, when, or why the problem occurred. With the time, this foundation of sexuality can be altered by changes that affect many aspects of sexuality and sexual function.The distinction between drive and desire is essential for any of the above problems to be assessed properly. So a blood level measurement of various hormones is an essential component of the management.

The treatment is done on the following main lines;

1) individual or couples psychotherapy/sex therapy,

2) hormone therapy if any abnormality is found

or

3) tibolone, a synthetic selective estrogen and androgen modulator

I can understand that this is not easy to talk about these problems with a doctor whom you know for very long. But this would be the doctor who would be able to handle it in the best way as he / she is close to you and family. So just discuss your problem without any hesitation. An hormonal profile especially thyroid, prolactin, LH, FSH, estrogen, testosterone etc should be done. This may help in ascertaining the cause. If these all are normal; you may need some counseling session and other psychotherapeutic medications.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Is there anything herbal based tablets I could try

You may try any of following herbs;

1) Ginseng

2) Ginkgo biloba extract

3) Arginine

It is privilege assisting you.

Dr. Arun