Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience

My baby is 20 months and only want to eat puree food. He is

Customer Question

My baby is 20 months and only want to eat puree food. He is not even eating biscuits. If the food is whole or too thick he appears as if he is choking or he may spit it out. What should I do?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 5 years ago.

Did you consult doctor for this problem? Did he have any examination? How is his weight gain?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, he did not examine his throat, told us not to worry as he is still very young. He is above average in weight and height. He is developing well physically. He eats but the food must be pureed.
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for the input.

Most babies learn to take solid food by this age. Sometimes babies may take time to adapt to solid feeds. Gradually he will learn. When he is growing normally I think you should not be worried. But you can take an examination of throat by his doctor. An ENT doctor can be consulted to examine the throat , if his doctor thinks necessary..

Any query, please feel free to ask.
It will be my privilege to assist you.