Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
14307416

Is HIV transmitted via fingering a girl with a cut on your

Is HIV transmitted via fingering a girl with a cut on your finger? Or french kissing with cracked lips?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 5 years ago.

Dr B :

Hello, welcome to Justanswer, I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek

Dr B :

HIV can be transmitted by fingering a girl with a cut on your finger, but it is unlikely to be transmitted by kissing someone with cracked lips

Customer :

Would you recommend testing from what i describe? It was a non bleeding cut and a day old burn from a cig

Dr B :

No, I would not recommend testing, but it seems you have anxiety, so if you need testing to reduce your anxiety then you should go ahead and get tested

Customer :

have you ever heard of someone being infected via fingering

Dr B :

No, I have not heard of it happening

Customer :

ok, would a burn on the finger be less or more likely to be a path way for infection than a non bleeding cut?

Dr B :

less likely

Customer :

ok, thank you for your help