Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience

running a 101.3 degree fever and is vomiting

My daughter is 18 months old. She is running a 101.3 degree fever and is vomiting. She just wants to sleep. What should we do??
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 5 years ago.

Since how long the symptoms are there? Is there any other symptom, abdominal pain? How is her urine? Are you on any medication? Is there any significant past illness?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No stomach pain we can detect her urine is fine. She is not any medication. This is the first time she has ever ben ill. In the past she has had ear infections and running a fever we did not even she had one. The doc discovered it dureing normal check up and was also very surprised she was acting normal. This is not like her to just to be lying around
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for the input.

At her age, with temperature of 101.3 you could wait to see doctor in the morning. But when she is unusually sleepy along with vomiting, I would advise to take her to ER for an examination. You can give luke warm water sponging to bring down the temperature if she can not retain tylenol. Try to give her sips of fluid to prevent dehydration.

Any query, please feel free to ask.
It will be my privilege to assist you.