A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist

I was in an on the job accident. Workmans comp. has been treating

I was in an on the job accident. Workmans comp. has been treating me. For one year six mo. they have treated me with vicadin/lortab. Now they want me to have a blood test,drug abuse screen II. They took me off of them one week ago. I dont understand them since they prepscrived them for me. My question is this. How long will it take for it not to show up in my blood?
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. They should not be detectable after more than 2-3 days.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Do you understand why wk. comp. would want me to take a blood test for drug abuse screen II (3270) ? The wreck hurt my neck and they now have me on tramadol HCL. If they think im an addit they are wrong becaose I am a proud grand day of seven grand childern that I love. Maybe wk. comp. is just trying to get rid of me since

I am costing them.

It is a regular practice to do drug screens on people who have been on narcotic medications to make sure they are taking only the drugs prescribed for them. I wouldn't think it was anything more than routine.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Im hoping that that is it and you have helped me very much I thankyou and I will hit Accept Answer. Thank You have a good life!

You're so very welcome. Good luck to you!