Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
14307416

I am a healthy 56 year old man and recently seemed like i had

I am a healthy 56 year old man and recently seemed like i had a pulled muscle (sore) below my right breast. As I felt it, it felt like a line swelling that starts right beneath my right breast and extends down to my right abdomen. When I stretch and expand this area I can see it physically below my skin area and it runs as a single line but then breaks into 3 areas...it kind of veins out in my right abdomen area. I am wondering if this is some kind of infection or something. I am flying out of town tomorrow AM so I am wondering if I should get it checked out.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 6 years ago.

Dr B :

Hello, welcome to Justanswer, I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek

Dr B :

Is the area painful or red?

Dr B :

Since you are not online, I will try to answer the question with the information you have provided
This may be an inflamed vein (superficial epigastric vein), and I think it would be wisest to have it evaluated before you go on your trip

Customer :

Well my flight leaves in 1 hour so I will probabaly go on the ntrip but hacve it evaluated when I arrive. The area is painful, not extemely so... not red

Dr B :

Ok, I just think you should have it evaluated soon

Dr B :

Are you there?

Dr B :

You're welcome
Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this topic

If not,please click ACCEPT to end this chat session

Customer :

..well went to Emergency Room last night to have it evaluated...they wanted to do a (nuclear) cat scan...all came back OK...no clots or anything...I guess nothing left to do... probably strained the vein when working out...is that possible?

Dr B :

It was probably a strained muscle and not a vein

Dr B :