A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. Private practice & hospitalist
3157612

do swollen lymph nodes in my stomach mean i have cancer

Customer Question

do swollen lymph nodes in my stomach mean i have cancer?
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 3 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. Lymph nodes anywhere in the body swell when there is any inflammation or infection anywhere in the area that they drain. It doesn't mean cancer.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
well heres what happend i got a real bad stomach ache and had dihearrea, and nausea for like three days, i went to the doctor and they did a abdominal and pelvis ct scan on me and said that i had some swollen lymph nodes in my stomach and my colon was slightly swelled, that was about a week ago, but now all that has gone away but lymph nodes and swollen spots are all over my stomach and my sides i prob. have 10 lymph nodes in all that i can feel and they hurt, could this all stem from teh stomach viruis going away? Thye ct scan was a week ago

Yes, this is probably because of the viral gastroenteritis. Inflammation and infection result in swelling in the lymph nodes. The nodes clean out and return to normal size in a matter of weeks.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
last question i promise, is it normal for the lymph nodes on the sides of my stomach to hurt, and also under my right rib cage it hurts too, whats the possiblity i have lymphoma, i am more tired and fatiqued, but no fever, night sweats, or losing weight, thank you for your time your the best!
Any time there is swelling, it pushes against nerve endings which can result in pain. Lymphoma doesn't just appear out of nowhere. The odds are seriously against it being anything but sequelae of gastroenteritis.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Just want to say I appricate your help, i do suffer from helath anxiety, and you always put me at ease I thank you!

You're so very welcome. Have a great evening.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If i have any more questions can i have u answer them i will leave u a tip also

Yes, you can put my name in the title of the question. I'm the only Schuyler at Just Answer.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My back does ache and also have what feels like lymph nodes back there too, could my stomach issue make all thes lymph nodes swell and hurt?
They may not be lymph nodes. There is no way to say.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

whats the symptoms of lymphoma? And does a abdominal ct scan show your liver spleen and gaulbladder?

The CT scan should if someone is positioned correctly. Recurring fever, night sweats, and significant weight loss are some of the first things noted unless the person is having routine blood work and then the blood counts are off.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
how exact should blood work be my white cell were like a 11.6 or something like that slightly elevated but doctor didnt seem to mind.
That isn't a problem. Your white cells would normally be off because you had an infection.
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience: Board Certified NP, MS, RN. Private practice & hospitalist