Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.
10798432

right hand. when opening a bottle my hand shoots with pain.

right hand. when opening a bottle my hand shoots with pain. picking up anything with my 2 middle fingers hurts bad. when i try to touch my thumb with middle fingers pain shoots through fingers and top and botom of hand.
this just started this morning and getting worst.
i'm male 54 yrs old and in good shape

thanks Ron
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 5 years ago.
Some possible cases for your symptoms are arthritis and nerve compression (such as due to carpel tunnel syndrome). I would suggest taking Tylenol 500 mg every 4 to 6 hours for your symptoms. You can alternatively take Aleve or Advil if pain is more severe. Apply warm compresses to the hand to ease any inflammation. Drink plenty of fluids and electrolytes. And if symptoms persist, you will need to see your doctor for examination. You may need some tests along with examination to rule out carpel tunnel.
Regards.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

thanks for the answer

but how would arthrits or carpet tunnel come on so fast, from no pain to extreme pain in 10 hrs. with no problems every before.

Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 5 years ago.
Certain types of arthritis such as due to infection or gout can cause sudden worsening and appearance of symptoms. You may also have tendinitis or ligament injury causing these symptoms. So you really need to see a doctor for examination because it is not possible to make an exact diagnosis on internet.
Regards.