Dr. Jerry E
Dr. Jerry E, Doctor (MD/DO)
Experience:  1 yr experience family medicine (adult and children), emergency medicine for five years

Can I take delsym cough medicine and nyquil together to sleep

Can I take delsym cough medicine as well as nyquil to sleep. The nyquil did not control my cough as well as the delsym but delsym does not make you drowsy. Once years ago I took more nyquil than recommended and it made me uneasy and sleepless, what a mistake. I don't want something like that to happen again. Thx very much.

Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Jerry E replied 5 years ago.

I'm so glad you posted your question for me to answer, and I aim to provide you with accurate info.

Take one or the other, not both. Actually neither of the medications work particularly well to suppress cough. You may consider Robitussin DM.