Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience

I feel light headed when I bend down, makes my head feel d

Customer Question

I feel light headed when I bend down, makes my head feel dizzy
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 5 years ago.

Since how long the symptoms are there? How frequently are you getting this? Is there any other symptom? Was any test done? Are you on any medication? Is there any significant past illness?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I started nocting since Dec 28. Happens any time I bend down ,however, today I stood on a ladder and felt like I was going to fall forward.Only medication Im on is for Thyroids. I have allegies, no significant past illiness.

I did make an appointment to see my doctor today, but something emerg came up, not schedule again until 14 Jan

Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for the input.

The dizziness episodes can be due to a few probables. There may be dehydration , fall of blood pressure, glucose . Heart rhythm abnormalities may also lead to the attacks of dizziness or faintness. It may also occur from anxiety or stress or any neurological cause. Atherosclerotic changes in the blood vessels of the brain may lead to the symptoms of dizziness. Also the feeling of dizziness may accompany inner ear conditions like inflammation or BPPV or benign paroxysmal positional vertigo. When you feel it more on bending or in certain position BPPV can be there. But certain changes in the spine or alteration of blood supply can also be factor. You need to get an examination by doctor & have tests, if doctor thinks necessary. Take adequate fluid to keep good hydration. Avoid excess caffeine & alcohol if you take any. Meclizine can help with vertigo problem but you need a precise diagnosis too.

Any query, please feel free to ask.
It will be my privilege to assist you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Wow. your good, April 2010,, I lost all but 20% hearing in my right hear. I was flying back to symptoms.. got off the plane. and could not hear clearly.. I did see my primary doctor and had several visits to the ENT doctor. No one can explain what happen.. suggested I might had a virus
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 5 years ago.
At first you can get a check up by your GP. He can have an assessment & if he thinks necessary can refer you to an ENT specialist.