How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Jerry E Your Own Question
Dr. Jerry E
Dr. Jerry E, Doctor (MD/DO)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 1085
Experience:  1 yr experience family medicine (adult and children), emergency medicine for five years
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Jerry E is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a red rash on my hips, bottom and it is starting to

Resolved Question:

I have a red rash on my hips, bottom and it is starting to appear on my upper thighs, a little on my stomach and my upper arms. I have had the rash on just my hips for 2 days now. I am 12 weeks pregnant and my skin feels really dry (I have been in very cold climate where it is -25 degrees). I have a few tiny red spots but most of the rash is on my hips and it looks like red stretch marks. Should I see a doctor? I don't know what the rash is! It feels a tiny bit picture but mostly just warm and having clothes touch it is a bit irritating.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Jerry E replied 6 years ago.

Hello, this is Dr. E. Greetings from New York! I'm so glad you posted your question for me to answer, and I aim to provide you with accurate info


While it is probably a virus showing itself through a rash or even an allergic condition I do recommend you see your obstetrician about this within the next few days. It is safe to take loratadine 10 mg daily if you feel itchy.


Dr. E

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I am overseas at the moment and I don't actually have an obstretician back home in Australia (I have a midwife) so do you think I could ask at a chemist? Or should I see a doctor?

Expert:  Dr. Jerry E replied 6 years ago.

You should certainly see a doctor about it as some similar rashes in pregnancy can predict a preterm delivery (ie a rash called pemphigoid gestationis).


Dr. E

Dr. Jerry E and 3 other Health Specialists are ready to help you