Dr. Jerry E
Dr. Jerry E, Doctor (MD/DO)
Experience:  1 yr experience family medicine (adult and children), emergency medicine for five years

I have a red rash on my hips, bottom and it is starting to

I have a red rash on my hips, bottom and it is starting to appear on my upper thighs, a little on my stomach and my upper arms. I have had the rash on just my hips for 2 days now. I am 12 weeks pregnant and my skin feels really dry (I have been in very cold climate where it is -25 degrees). I have a few tiny red spots but most of the rash is on my hips and it looks like red stretch marks. Should I see a doctor? I don't know what the rash is! It feels a tiny bit picture but mostly just warm and having clothes touch it is a bit irritating.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Jerry E replied 5 years ago.

Hello, this is Dr. E. Greetings from New York! I'm so glad you posted your question for me to answer, and I aim to provide you with accurate info

While it is probably a virus showing itself through a rash or even an allergic condition I do recommend you see your obstetrician about this within the next few days. It is safe to take loratadine 10 mg daily if you feel itchy.

Dr. E

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I am overseas at the moment and I don't actually have an obstretician back home in Australia (I have a midwife) so do you think I could ask at a chemist? Or should I see a doctor?

You should certainly see a doctor about it as some similar rashes in pregnancy can predict a preterm delivery (ie a rash called pemphigoid gestationis).

Dr. E