Pauline
Pauline, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Medical Doctor & Registered Pharmacist. Worked as Community pharmacist for 17 years.

to our AID station twice for back pain and was given Naproxen..muscle

Customer Question

Please help me. I am currently on deployment in Iraq. I have been to our AID station twice for back pain and was given Naproxen and a muscle relaxer called Methocarband (sp?). Just a few days ago I had needles put in my back to stimulate them to relax. Nothing. I am in pain constantly and all she would give me is Tylenol and Celebrex. I want to do the therapy they gave me, but the pain is just getting to me. Is there anything you can do for me. The officers here don't give soldiers the time of day. This is starting to effect my personality, and I am a positive person. Even in Iraq! Please help.
Category: Health
Expert:  Pauline replied 3 years ago.

Pauline :

I am sorry to hear about your problem. At the moment your doctor has started you on the correct regime to help. Back pain can be a problem that can take some time to improve. You should use the medication regularly as directed and try warm massage and hot showers if your muscles feel tight. You should be engaging in light exercise to try to keep things moving. Complete bed rest actually worsen the problem by causing you to stiffen up.

Pauline :

If the pain becomes very bad then we would recommend discussing codeine or tramadol with your doctor, but these not be allowed substances on the base as they will show up in drug testing.

Pauline :

Unfortunately Just Answer cannot write prescriptions for you. If the opain is that bad, then you may need to be given leave for a few weeks however if it continues for a couple of months then you should request a MRI. In a young healthy person, we would normally expect this to settle down before this unless there was a significant injury or trauma.