Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience
8227957

I have carpal tunnel in both my hands what can i do now to

Customer Question

I have carpal tunnel in both my hands what can i do now to ease the pain so i can sleep. I already have to braces that I sleep in but do not help anymore. Please help me.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 3 years ago.

How long and how frequently are you having the symptoms?

When and which specialist have you consulted doctor last?

Do you take any medicine?

Do you have any other symptom or previous illness?

Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have this pain every night.
Family doctor. over the last couple months.
yes diflonac
nope just pain in hip that just started about 4 weeks ago.
i do have to sleep on special pillow with the dip in the middle
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for the information,

When you have pain in the hip and the carpal tunnel symptoms are in both hands, I feel you will need further evaluation by an orthopedic or a spine specialist.

MRI spine can help to find out the severity of the process.

In early stages of carpal tunnel syndrome , stretching , massaging , ice & splinting at night may help.

In some cases steroid injection into the tunnel , or surgery is needed.

As diclofenac is not relieving pain, you can try otc ibuprofen, naproxen can be tried.

You can apply warmth.

In pain relief both cold or heat can be beneficial.

You can try either to check which one give good pain relief.

Please feel free for any follow up query.

Regards.

Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience: 35 years of experience
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Doctor put me on another pill that is called meloxicam 15 mg will that help. I am scheduled for a nerve induction test on 1/28/11 but i need relief from it now so i can sleep at night.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 3 years ago.
Meloxicam can help.

You can try application of warm or cold too till further visit to doctor.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
will heating pad work?
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 3 years ago.
Yes, you can apply heating pad.

This can be soothing.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
OK gonna go try it now
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 3 years ago.
You are always welcome to Just Answer Website.

Please press the accept button if you are satisfied with my answer so that I can be compensated for my time & work.

Best of health.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What kind of exercise can I do to help the hip pain?
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 3 years ago.
Hip exercise will depend on the cause of pain.

First the exact cause should be found out.

Then physiotherapist can guide you about the definitive exercise according to your condition.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What exercise can be done for carpel tunnel?
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 3 years ago.
In the acute stage you should not exercise.

When the inflammation and pain will subside, stretching and strengthening exercise can be taken under the supervision of physiotherapist.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no relief still in alot of pain with carpal tunnel
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 3 years ago.
If pain medicines & bracing do not help, I feel you can discuss with your doctor about other options like steroid injection.

In some cases surgery will be required.