Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
14307416

I have been taking Waferin daily since having Economy Class

I have been taking Waferin daily since having Economy Class Syndrome almost 2 years ago. I changed my diet, lost 25 pounds, and walk or ride a bike daily. However, I have regained only 50% of my strength and feel weak on a daily basis. What can I do to feel stronger and regain more physical energy?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 6 years ago.

Dr B :

Hello, welcome to Justanswer, I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek

Dr B :

have you had any physical therapy?

Customer :

no, I have had no physical therapy. my problem is a lack of internal strength and power. I have an ongoing feeling of weakness and lack of energy.

Dr B :

What does your diet consist of?

Customer :

lots of protein, fruits, vegetables, nuts, fish, green tea and as I mentioned before, about 2 liters of water per day.

Dr B :

Have you had any blood tests?

Customer :

I receive blood tests every 2 months, especially to monitir my PTINR levels of Waferin. My doctor states my blood tests are almost perfect. Very low cholesterol levels and almost 99% of my markers are within the ranges specified.

Dr B :

Have you had a CBC and a BMP?

Customer :

I am sorry but I do not recognize these...could you explain?

Dr B :

Complete blood count and a basic metabolic profile, to check your red blood cell levels and your electrolytes

Customer :

No, I have not had these tests specifically.

Dr B :

These are the places to start, to find out if any are abnormal, which may cause your symptoms

Customer :

I an living in Japan so will my J

Customer :

I am living in Japan so will my doctor recognize these tests by name?

Dr B :

Definitely, they are the most routine of tests

Customer :

My doctor did tell me before that I am not anemic...does this relate to my red blood cell level?

Dr B :

yes, the CBC will tell you if you are anemic

Customer :

I will ask for these tests at my next visit and get back to you at a later date. Thank you for your time and professional input.

Dr B :

You're welcome
Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns

If you are satisfied, please click ACCEPT to end this chat session