CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.

hi. had a scratch on side of nose. may have rubbed feet or

hi. had a scratch on side of nose. may have rubbed feet or groin and touched open scratch. neosporin and lotrimin cream have caused a brown ooze then complete dryness and spreading. the area has raw skin also, work at daycare and may have contracted something from kids. is there an over the counter remedy or do i need to go to urgent care
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer Health...and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and am delighted to help you today. You can try Triple Antibiotic Ointment , which has neomycin, polymyxin B and bacitracin combined... if it does not improve quickly ( one day to see some signs of improvement) You will have to see a Doctor for an examination and effective treatment such as a prescription antibiotoc cream. I hope this information helps, please let me know if I can help you further:-)

Edited by CamilleRN on 1/2/2011 at 2:08 AM EST