Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,DTM&H( Univ of Liverpool),34yrs experience in practice

I have been having issues with my hands for some time.. Most

Customer Question

I have been having issues with my hands for some time.. Most Reynolds and carpal tunnel
Lately I will turn my arms the wrong way, and something "pops" and it swells instantly. Tonight I was just changing my sheets, and my forarm "popped" and a very painful and instant bruise appeared. My arm is still very sore, and tight?? Any ideas? I have also been over the years experiencing arthritic symptoms and fatigue, but ANA was a speckled pattern, but no diagnosis, blood keeps changing though ...
Category: Health
Expert:  Vakul Aren replied 5 years ago.
Dear customer,
Greetings.A positive ANA test with a speckled pattern upon flouroscence testing would be suggestive of SLE,Rheumatoid Arthritis,Mixed Conective Tissue disease,Scleroderma,Sjogrens Syndrome and Polymyositis.Further testing and opinion of a Rheumatologist will probably help reach a specific diagnosis.Assessment of the Raynauds Phenomenon and treatment with calcium channel blockers ,vasodilators and alphablockers will help as also avoiding exposure to cold weather and vibrations.The bruising and popping may be secondary to tendonitis and vasculitis secondary to the connective tissue disease and Purpura needs to be assessed.Your doctor/Rheumatologist can guide you further.You can take analgesics ,avoid heavy work and exposure to cold.The carpaltunnel syndrome also needs to be assessed and treated.

Edited by Vakul Aren on 1/2/2011 at 2:01 AM EST