A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist

that different vitamin capsule (the capsules themselves) have gluten

I was just diagnosed with celiac disease and I would like a list of different additives that are added to foods that I should be aware of? What ingedeients have gluten in them? I was told that different vitamin capsuls (the capsules themselves) have gluten in them. Is there a website that I can look up to view the additives and preservatives that have gluten?

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. Anything that contains wheat, rye or barley is off-limits for someone with celiac disease. Avoiding these is the most important thing. Any additive in vitamin capsules would be far, far down the list of things to avoid, since they are in such minuscule quantities. On packaged foods you can read the labels for there three grains and for the word "gluten." The list below contains some of the things to look for.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Does the ingredient " Guar Gum" in foods have gluten?
Guar gum contains only guar gum.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Does Ice Cream have gluten in it?
Ice cream should not have wheat, rye or barley in it. You can read the label and see if it does.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thankyou so much. I am 100% satisified with your answere