Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.
10798432

I have constant groin & ankle ache. I had a stent put in the

I have constant groin & ankle ache. I had a stent put in the left side in August 2010. I also have arm & shoulder ache. It is almost constant.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 5 years ago.
Where did you have the stent placed? Have you had any recent x-rays?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
About 4 - 5 inches left of my naval. I had a scan or ultrasound that showed my left leg was blocked 75 % & my right leg 50% - thus the stent
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 5 years ago.
A likely cause of your symptoms is peripheral vascular disease due to blockage of small blood vessels. Another likely cause is arthritis or joint inflammation. Inflammation can also be caused by gout which is further caused by high uric acid in blood. So you will need some tests such as joint X-rays and blood tests to rule this out. An arteriogram test may also be done to evaluate the blood circulation to the limbs. Joint aspiration can be done to evaluate for gout crystals. So please talk to your doctor to discuss these options. In the meantime, you can take Tylenol as needed for the pain and aches.
Regards.