Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.

other beat) as well as a fast heart rate (resting around 150bpm)

Several months ago I had a lot of PVCs (like one every other beat) as well as a fast heart rate (resting around 150bpm). I went to the ER and was admitted to the hospital for 3 days. After several tests I was released with the diagnosis of tachycardia and PVCs. No reason for my fast heart rate was found. I am now on Atenolol.

I've started suffering a lot of anxiety over this. I'm terrified of just dropping dead, from an arrhythmia, like long QT, etc. I'm terrified the doctors missed something. Would these tests have shown if something was wrong? Like a long QT, a different arrhythmia, or something structural. I had:

several EKGs while in the hospital
I was hospitalized for 3 days and hooked up to a heart rate monitor the entire time
CT scan of my chest

After I was released the cardiologist had me do an exercise stress test, where I had several PVCs during and after. But that was all and she said not to worry about it.
I also wore a holter monitor for 24 hours and the cardiologist saw nothing that concerned her.

Should I stop worrying over this? would something have been found with those tests? I never saw the EKG results so I don't know what my QT interval was.
It seems that with the serial EKGs, echocardiogram, stress test, and holter monitor your cardiologist has done a very thorough workup for you regarding your fast heart rate and PVCs. Should there be something abnormal these tests would have found it.

You should stop worrying about this and try to relieve any anxiety you may be experiencing for this can lead to the fast heart rate as well. If needed you can see a doctor for anti-anxiety medications.

You should follow up with your regular doctor annually for routine followup.

In the meantime, relax, take a daily multivitamin, and exercise routinely.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I read about long QT syndrome, bad idea!, and that set off my anxiety. I was doing pretty well and exercising 30 minutes a day, but now I feel anxious again over this. I had enough tests to show long QT syndrome, right? I read it can be hard to find.
Yes you have had enough tests to have the ruled out. So try to relax and not worry about this.