911Doctor
911Doctor, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified Emergency Physician
19155615

I had a bad virus last weekend (A and B flu neg) and most symptoms

I had a bad virus last weekend (A and B flu neg) and most symptoms were gone by Sunday. However, since Monday I have had very sore muscles and some tingling and numbness in my fingers. I was very dehydrated after being sick and had 3 bags of iv fluids on Wed. All general labs at the ER were normal. Is the finger numbness and tingling a product of being so badly dehydrated? Could it be Guillen Bar virus? I have really bad health anxiety and I am very worried that there is something really wrong. I have always bounced back really fast after being sick....
Category: Health
Expert:  911Doctor replied 6 years ago.

911Doctor :

911Doctor :

I don't know if I can explain the finger numbness, but it is not typical for Guillan-Barre... that usually starts in the legs and works it's way up ...

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Does the muscle soreness make sense after being sick?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
But is it normal to have muscle soreness after being sick? I'm still pretty sore almost 5 days later...
Expert:  911Doctor replied 6 years ago.
if you were that dehydrated i would not worry about this just yet... post viral syndromes are well known and you probely simply haven't recovered fully yet...

if the soreness persists for another four days i would look into it... in the meantime you can take tylenol or motrin for the soreness...

standing by if you have any more questions. thanks for your business.