Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.

Hi I would like to know why I feel tired all the time. I am

Hi I would like to know why I feel tired all the time. I am very active I am a manager of a care home. I work long hours but this has never been a problem. If I sit down for more than ten minutes if I am not using my brain I am asleep.
My muscles ache all the time just to walk 100yds makes the back of my legs ache and I feel completetly drained and very weak. I find going upstairs exhausting I can no longer carry a basket of washing up stairs.
I do have high blood pressure and am being treated for this I have had high blood pressure for a number of years.
I also have a dry cough which leaves me breathless I do not smoke. I am 56 and 2 stone over weight
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 5 years ago.
Possible causes of your symptoms could be thyroid dysfunction, anemia, diabetes, sleep apnea, etc. I would recommend that you be seen by your doctor to have these possibilities looked into. You may require blood work such as CBC, CMP, TSH, HbA1c, and sleep studies, etc.

In the meantime, take a daily multivitamin, eat a well balanced diet, drink plenty of fluids, and try to exercise 3-4 times weekly.