How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Owen Your Own Question
Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, Doctor
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 55754
Experience:  Board Certified Physician and US Medical School Graduate
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Owen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

past 3 or 4 years when I have had sex with my husband it burns

Customer Question

I have been married for 37 years and for the past 3 or 4 years when I have had sex with my husband it burns when he ejaculates. It quit for a year or so and now it is happening again and the pain is worse than before. My dr. treated me for a yeast infection and that had NO effect
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 6 years ago.

Hello, and I am pleased to help, use of my answers are for educational purposes only.

This might be due to vaginal atrophy due to decrease estrogen from being in menopause.

So, you might benefit from some Estradiol (premarin) cream.

Also, you might benefit from an over the counter product called Replens.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am not having any vaginal dryness or similar problems, but I am worried about the risk of Estradiol and other estrogen products, anything else I can use
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 6 years ago.

Yes, I mentioned Replens as this can help too.

And, with burning during ejaculation, you might also consider using RepHresh - as this could also be a pH problem in your vagina.

I would also recommend a visit to your ob/gyn if you have not had a pelvic exam in over a year.

I hope this helps, Please click on ACCEPT, thank you for your question.