Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified Physician and US Medical School Graduate

oncologist..have lymph nodes out three being

I have had a lumpectomy in september and my oncologist wants me to have four chemotherapy treatments and fifteen radiotherapy treatments although my scans have come back clear plus the bone scan. it appears to be a preventative as I had to have lymph nodes out three being cancerous. my concern is if I have no cancer in my body what do these invasive treatments do to my body. I am so concerned that I really do not know what to do as my doc says they could make me feel ill and possibly loose my hair
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and I am pleased to help, use of my answers are for educational purposes only.
But, the problem is that you might have REMAINING cancer left and HENCE the chemo /radiation should help.
But, the 'choice is YOURS - do you want to take that chance of having cancer invade your body.
Many people live through cancer treatment - this is a choice, and make a well informed choice.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Dear Dr. Wilson,

This lumpectomy enquiry was from a friend of mine who is new to her computer! She seems to have inadvertently used my email address.

Her email address is: [email protected]

William Lambert
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 5 years ago.

I'm sorry I do not have access to email addresses - they are blocked -

Thank you and PLease click on ACCEPT, thank you.