Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.

What is causing pain in my thighs, especially when using steps,

What is causing pain in my thighs, especially when using steps, getting up from a chair or the toilet?
Possible causes of the pain you are experiencing are osteoarthritis, polyrheumatica myalgia, Guillan-Barre syndrome, medicational side effects, etc. I recommend that you be seen and evaluated by a doctor for this. You will require blood work and imaging of your spine. In the meantime you can try taking ibuprofen 600mg every 6 hours for the pain, rest and ice/heat compresses.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
what classification of doctor should I see?
You can see your regular doctor or an internist for this and he/she can get the necessary initial tests done. If needed, he/she may then refer you to a rheumatologist or an orthopedist.