Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.
10798432

prostrate cancer..given a female hormone shot on Oct. 10 th

I had prostrate cancer. I was given a female hormone shot on Oct. 10 th. I had robotic surgurey done on Dec. 6th. Will that shot effect wear off, and when? I am taking 5 mg of cialias a day. I've been an avtive husband untill the luprion hit me.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 6 years ago.
I would like to help but require some additional information.

What hormone therapy did you receive?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I was given a shot in my stomach, I believe it was the drug lupurion. Also the Doctor gave me a perscription of 14 pills that I'm not sure what they were, but I'm sure that they went along with the shot. I recently had an appointment with him. We discussed the out come of the surgurey and decided that a second shot in January was not needed. Will this drug get flushed out through my body, and have no lasting effects of the shot.
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 6 years ago.
Yes the drug will get eliminated from your body and not leave any side effects. This drug has a relatively short half-life, which means it gets eliminated pretty quickly from your body. I would not worry too much about the effects of this injection. Continue to follow regularly with your doctor regarding your treatment.

Regards