Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.

My huband has been bothered by an itch by his toes that is unbearable

Customer Question

Last questions: My huband has been bothered by an itch by his toes that is unbearable. It can last from 20 minutes to much longer. He literally has to get up and try anything that might stop it, i.e. ice, wears a pressure stocking.....creams, etc. Nothing so far has helped. I have made an appt. for him at a foot doctor which will not be until the end of January. In the meantime does this sound familiar to you? Can you suggest anything?

Thanks you
Suzie Alphin
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 3 years ago.
It is likely that he has a fungal infection known as tinea pedis. You can try using a antifungal topical cream on his feet once to twice daily, such as Lotrimin. Before applying this cream be sure to wash and dry the feet. Should this not show any improvement he may require prescriptive strength topical and oral medication such as Diflucan and miconazole.

Regards
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience: MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I should have mentioned that there is not braking out or rash on his toes. If it were this tinea pedis wouldn't it be visible? This is more like itching inside the toes..like maybe the bone...Yikes, I wish it were as simple as applying a cream...His feet look as neat and clean as a baby. Its more inside...

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I left out a very inportant fact as he reminded me and that is that its NOT only his toes that itch but the whole bottom of his feet. Its heavest on one foot but they both

have it....On a scale of 1 to 10 itch wise, its a 10

theank you

Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for the additional information. Other possible causes of his itching may be an allergic dermatitis, dry feet, eczema.

He may still benefit from the anti-fungal medications regardless of no visible rash. He can also try applying hydrocoritisone 1% topical cream to the affected areas. Also an oral Benadryl every 6 hours as needed may be beneficial.

Regards
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I clickked on bonus in error. I would like to try the suggested things before i send bonus, etc....QUESTION. Is the charge of $29 for each and every question or per month .... I guess I missed that part and its not off my computer.

Thanks you

Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 3 years ago.
No problem. You can contact customer service to sort out any payment issues. You may be charged per question or a single monthly charge, depending on the plan you chose. I cannot see which plan you have. So you'll have to get in touch with justanswer customer service for that.
Regards.