Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified Physician and US Medical School Graduate

bleeding..my vagina..herpes outbreak at the beginning of december

i am very concerned as i have noticed bleeding/raw flesh at the bottom of my vagina following sex today which is coming from roughly the same site as where i had a herpes outbreak at the beginning of december. is this normal ? i'm now worried that this might be something else
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 3 years ago.

Hello, and I am pleased to help, use of my answers are for educational purposes only.

This could be irritation from sex itself, but this could also be a yeast infection or yes, even a herpes out breakout.

This does not really sound concerning - and you could try an over the counter product such as Monistat or Vagistat to see if this helps, and if NOT, then make an appointment to see your ob/gyn.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
thankks Dr - because ive been unwell for the past month with body aches etc arthyrlgia i'm worried now that this might be LGV or a chancroid ulcer.
I've been testedfor HIV (at 86 days post exp) negative
chlamydia - neg gonnorhhea neg, syphilis neg. my gp has done liver and kidney tests and thyroid these are all ok and full blood count.
would the chlamydia test pick up lgv? and how likely am i to get this

Finally you say it could be a herpes outbreak but the sore healed about 3 weeks ago it is just that the bleeding is from that area.
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 3 years ago.

It could be due to a herpes outbreak -

But, bleeding from this area is NOT usually due to a herpes - but more like a yeast infection.

I hope this helps....

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
pls could u answer my query about lgv
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 3 years ago.

This is UNLIKELY to be chanchorid /LGV - this is very unlikely in Industrialized countries as we do not see these types of infections that often in countries such as the UK, Australia, US, France, etc....

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
thank u dr. it was just i read that one of the symptoms is arthrlgia. but i have had a urine test for chlamydia so wouldn't that pick up lgv
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 3 years ago.
True, but seeing LGV/ Chanchroid today is rare unless you are in countries that have it more Prevalently - such as in Africa, Asia.
Dr. Owen, Doctor
Experience: Board Certified Physician and US Medical School Graduate
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
are u saying that the chlamydia urine test that i had would detect lgv?
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 3 years ago.
No, I did not.
LGV needs to be tested by culture and you specifically have to ask for LGV testing.
Thank you for the ACCEPT.
Dr. Owen, Doctor
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
u did not make that clear before. so there is no need to get on the defensive.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 3 years ago.
Oh, sorry, not being defensive, just wanting for you to have the correct information.
Dr. Owen, Doctor
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok thank you
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 3 years ago.
You're very welcome - have a Happy New Year.
Dr. Owen, Doctor