Pauline
Pauline, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Medical Doctor & Registered Pharmacist. Worked as Community pharmacist for 17 years.
659881

My baby girl is 9 months old and the last couple of weeks she

My baby girl is 9 months old and the last couple of weeks she has been clicking her right leg. Feels like the knee joint is clicking in and out of place, she does whilst in sitted position, not always but seems to be becoming more often in last few days giving me cause to worry. What explanation is there for this or should i take to doctor asap?

Pauline :

This is considered normal in babies as joints are still developing, and the clicking is more likley to be ligament noise rather than the joint clicking out of place. However as with any joint problem in babies, I would suggest that she has an examination in person after the holiday weekend.

Pauline :

If the knee is warm and hot, then go straight to ER as this would suggest a possible infection.

JACUSTOMER-ip86it2i- :

Thank you for this reponse. The area is seems normal temperature but I will definately get her checked out. Sometimes the hip seems to click aswell, is this an area to be more concerned about?

Pauline :

Clicking hips always need to be checked out. Usually they are normal however it is important that she has her hip checked before she starts to walk on it. She will have already been checked for hip problems at least twice so far, but it never hurts to get looked at again.

JACUSTOMER-ip86it2i- :

Thank you and Happy New Year

Pauline :

Happy New Year. Thanks for using Just Answer today