Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience

I am having some discomfort in my chest. I did eat Mexican

I am having some discomfort in my chest. I did eat Mexican food at a later time than normal. I can take a deep breath and hold it for up to 45 seconds. My BP is currently running 148/92 and my pulse is 77. I have been experiencing persistent ringing in my ears for the last 48 hrs or longer, but it has increased in intensity since yesterday. I am slightly sweaty. I currently take meds for high blood pressure and diabetes, as well as, high colesterol. I have been taking some OTC cold meds like Afrin to help me breathe better since I also have sleep apnea and use a BPAP machine. Am I having a heart attack??????

The symptoms of some discomfort in the chest along with some sweating can be due to indigestion or reflux after taking a Mexican food.

But in the back ground of high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabetes the possibility of heart attack should be ruled out.

Your pulse is normal and blood pressure is bit high.

I feel it is safer to go to ER as heart is a matter of concern.

You can take antacid, rantac or nexium till you reach ER.

Please feel free for any follow up query.

Edited by Dr. Saha on 1/1/2011 at 7:37 AM EST