Pauline
Pauline, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Medical Doctor & Registered Pharmacist. Worked as Community pharmacist for 17 years.
659881

Can herpes cause a bad order in females genital area

Customer Question

Can herpes cause a bad order in female’s genital area?
Category: Health
Expert:  Pauline replied 6 years ago.

Pauline :

Hello, what is the nature of the odor?

Pauline :

Is there any discharge?

Pauline :

Is there any skin changes?

Pauline :

Have you been diagnosed with herpes?

Customer :

It's my girlfriend with the order problem. I'm not sure about skin changes but she has had discharge. To my knowledge she has not been diagnosed with herpes but she does have something that caused reoccurring sores.

Pauline :

Can you tell me more about the color and odor of the discharge?

Pauline :

Have you had any problems?

Customer :

I recall the odor being bad enough to turn my nose up and lose my desire to have sex.

Is it possible for her to have herpes and not have infected me for four years?

I’m currently healing up from sores on my shaft now. I’m also having the classic herpes symptoms.

I don’t know how to approach her. We had anal sex at the beginning of this month and I also had sex with a condom with another female. She is gone until summer time so I need some advice on how to handle this without losing my mind on losing her.

What do you recommend I do?

Pauline :

It is certainly possible for her to infect you with herpes, even if she did not have active lesions. However the odor suggests a different problem and it is possible to have more than one infection.

Pauline :

You should get yourself checked out at a clinic with a full set of blood tests, swabs, and urine tests for gonorrhea, chlamydia, herpes etc Then have appropriate treatment so that you are clear. Do not have unprotected intercourse with anyone until you are given the all clear.

Pauline :

Before you have unprotected intercourse with your partner again, then she will need to go to a clinic for the same set of tests, and again she must not have intercourse until she is given the all clear. There is a vaginal infecton which causes a fishy odor that is not a STD but everything else needs to be ruled out first.