Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

hysterectomy..vaginal wall..vaginal..bladder and ureter

30 years ago I had a hysterectomy plus both overies. For over 1 year now I will have a terrible thick brown discharge and also bleeding in the vaginal wall. I have had many pap tests ultra sounds, CT scns and they checked the bladder and uretar which these were normal except one time. I had a urine test and pap test both come back saying no cells of any kind were showing up...had a repeat and those were normal. Yesterday I had a terrible mess with the brown discharge would not stop pouring out of me. I go all the time where it feels as though my uteres and overies and tubes are still in. When this happens the pain is so bad that I can't walk, stand,sit or lay. I have also had a 40lb. weight loss in 7 months and was not trying to lose any. I still can't gain the weight I lost, but seem to be holding on at 130lbs. and 5"8'. I am very sick most of the time and do not know what to do. I do know one thing though..I can't stand going thru this pain and mess much longer.
Gaydene Schultz
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 3 years ago.

Greetings Gaydene,

What did the culture of the discharge show?

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The only thing they ever showed was once...my urine and pap showed I had no cells of any kind...these were done 2 days apart. The 2nd tests a month later came back okay.

A culture is different test than Pap test and urine test. In this the discharge is sent to lab, where growth of various organisms is seen on different mediums. This identifies any type of bacterial growth and also tells (if the bacteria grow), which antibiotic would be most efficacious against the bacteria. The discharge should also be sent for the microscopic examination to see, if there are any abnormal cells. Another important investigation would be to take the vaginal scraping to look under the microscope. These tests should be able to point to the cause and direction of treatment protocol.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

Dr. Arun

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience: MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
For the time being...what should I do??? The pain is so bad that I can't hardly stand it. I have a daughter with her master in radiation oncology and she does not like the weight lose at all and says that is one of the biggest red flag alert for anyone. She has talked with her Drs. in her dept. and they feel this could be serious, but I need to know what I should do when I get like this...I am eating pain pills tying to help me get thru some of the pain and this is not helping at all.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not sure what u know...this has been going on for 8 months with losing 40 lbs. and I was never on any diet...each 2 weeks I would lose 3-5 lbs. I live in a small town and people do not even know who I am because of such weight lose.. and of course everyone wants to know why. When I do tell them they tell me to get to a Dr. Besides my family Dr. I have been to 3 other ones in the past few months. Also, I want to sleep all the time and have major trouble just doing meals and keeping my house up. PLEASE HELP!