Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.

I have a foot just one that is scaly and dry and cracks. I

I have a foot just one that is scaly and dry and cracks. I soak and use a pumice stone and many many creams, but nothing works. I put socks on and then I develope a fungus. I go barefoot and then it cracks! Help!
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 5 years ago.
It is likely that the reason for your symptoms is due to dryness or because of an underlying fungal infection. I would recommend that you be seen by your regular doctor or a podiatrist to have this looked into. You may require a systemic oral anti-fungal medication or a topical anti-fungal cream.

In the meantime, apply a moisturizing cream or Vaseline on your feet daily after a washing them gently with soap and water. Wear clean and dry soft socks. Keep your room heater seating at a lower setting because excessive heating can cause dryness.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
why only one foot? other is fine?
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 5 years ago.
Its probably because it is still infected with fungus causing scaling and dryness. You may need long term treatment possibly with oral antifungal medications to eliminate the infection.