Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.

Ihave a bad callus on the bottom of my foot,it hurts to walk.

Ihave a bad callus on the bottom of my foot,it hurts to walk. Now I have yellow spot in the callus about the size of a pea. It really hurts when I press on it. What is it ?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 3 years ago.
A callus is formed on the foot due to uneven or excessive pressure on certain areas of the food. This is a collection of dead cells and it can get inflamed causing tenderness and pain. Digging it out or cutting it is not recommended as it can increase the risk of infection. I would suggest soaking your feet in warm water and later trimming the dead skin with a wash cloth. Apply neosporin cream over it after wards. Also you should wear orthotics I your shoes to distribute the weight evenly and decrease pressure on the callus area. Also absolutely avoid wearing high heels till the symptoms resolve. And if you have diabetes or any chronic disease, you should see your doctor as you may need antibiotics.
Regards.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
You did't answer the whole question what is the pea sized yellow thing and I said it really hurts when I presson it.
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 3 years ago.
Like I mentioned it is most likely an inflamed callus due to inflammation or infection of cells inside the callus. This should be treated in the same way as a callus with redistribution of weight over it. However if it gets hot or painful it may indicate worsening of infection in which case you will need to see a doctor for examination as you might need antibiotics.
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience: MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.